Hear & Now Therapy – Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions shall apply to your usage of our website and any appointment that you book or undertake with Hear & Now Therapy:
In addition to the contents set out in the Privacy Notice the following terms and conditions in relation to appointments booked with Hear & Now Therapy shall apply.
Our responsibilities to you during Counselling & Psychotherapy:
Everything you say and disclose in your counselling sessions will be entirely confidential. We will not disclose any of your personal details to a third party, other than where a third party technology supports our data processing (per our privacy notice). In line with professional practice, we may discuss our session with my supervisor who is also bound by confidentiality.
The following are legal exceptions to your right to confidentiality. We would inform you any time we think we would have to put these into effect.
• If we believe you are in imminent danger of harming yourself or others we may break confidentiality and call the police and/or your GP and/or the emergency contact person you have provided details for.
• If we have good reason to believe you are abusing or neglecting a child or vulnerable adult, we are obliged to contact the police.
Your responsibilities as a client:
Please be responsible for coming to your session on time and at the time we have scheduled. Sessions will last 50 minutes unless otherwise agreed. If you are late, we will finish on time and not run over into another person’s session.
Once we have agreed to work together and have entered into a contract we will find a suitable time and day for you to attend counselling. Your appointment is for your exclusive use and when it is cancelled with short notice or missed altogether, it is often too late or impossible to offer this time to someone else, and the appointment time goes unfilled. Therefore, once a session has been booked it is chargeable even if you do not use that session.
Planned holidays that you take will not be charged but prior notice must be given.
We reserve the right to terminate therapy if cancellations or no-shows become excessive and are unable to be dealt with in the therapeutic relationship. We will discuss this with you prior to cancelling services.
Fees should be settled in full at the start/end of each session.
Payment can be made using our online booking page (credit card, debit card), bank transfer and cash or cheque.
You have the right to end therapy at any time and you will typically be the one who decides when therapy will end ensuring all fees have been settled. We reserve the right to end therapy if:
• Cancellations and no-shows become an issue, as described above.
• We are not, in our judgement, able to help you because of the particular concern you have, or because my training and skills are inappropriate. We will inform you of this and where possible refer you to another therapist who may meet your needs
• If you verbally or physically abuse or put our staff or others at risk, we reserve the right to immediately discontinue therapy.
Any questions regarding these terms and conditions or data privacy should be sent by email to email@example.com or by writing to Naomi Milton, Hear & Now Therapy, 14-16 Dowgate Hill, LONDON, EC4R 2SU.